!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Canadian Writer Traumatized By Red Neck With Automatic Rifle  (Read 1422 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Canadian Writer Traumatized By Red Neck With Automatic Rifle
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »
http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/boston-the-second-amendment-right-to-be-afraid-the-night-i-came-face-to-face-with-my-gun-toting-neighbor

Please read the entire article.

The author admits to entering a gated community, which she did live in, by hurrying in behind a car in front of her before the gate closed.  Turns out the car in front her, was a teenage girl who thought she was being followed.

He is fat and his hairy body is backlit by his truck brights. He has a huge automatic weapon pointed at me with his finger on the trigger. He is yelling something in vigilante-mode, like, “Freeze! Get out of the car!”

They shouted that they were looking for someone who was following their daughter. According to the author, they didn't listen and took off.

We head our respective ways. I pulled into my driveway and proceeded to have a breakdown. I then tried to call my husband but I had lost my ability to speak. Then I just sat down and cried. I was crying because I was scared and because when I looked at the redneck with the gun trained on me, I didn’t see hate, or anger. I just saw fear. He was afraid of me.

The man did go over to apologize, which she did not want to hear, but her "Canadian politeness" won out.
Suddenly “The Bad Guy” morphed into a blonde unarmed lady veterinarian in a Prius V station wagon with a Yakima roof rack. (This part amazes me. I know that he couldn’t see me, but surely he could see my car. Everyone knows that killers drive old, white windowless vans or big rusty trucks. My car is not a killer car.

She concludes,
The American experiment has shown that arming its citizenry is an utter failure. The Second Amendment is the U.S.A.’s biggest lie. It is the right to feel terrified all the time because everyone has a gun. Fear is not freedom. Americans are holding themselves hostage to fear while the rest of the world watches in horror.

Oh, and she thinks all guns should be taken away, because without guns, there cannot be gun violence.

There's so much going in this article that I'm literally speechless. The comments that follow are a mix of intelligent people pointing out that she entered the gated community without the code, the chances that it was an automatic rifle are slim, etc., and the anti-gun enthusiasts who just want to point out how stupid everyone is being.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Canadian Writer Traumatized By Red Neck With Automatic Rifle
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »