!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Targeted: Exposing the Gun Control Agenda - new movie  (Read 3144 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Targeted: Exposing the Gun Control Agenda - new movie
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:49 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9YDQ7up6Jg[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9YDQ7up6Jg

http://targetedthemovie.com/

GunLink Discussion Forums

Targeted: Exposing the Gun Control Agenda - new movie
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:49 PM »

Offline heavy

• marketplace
  • Leon Heavy
Re: Targeted: Exposing the Gun Control Agenda - new movie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »
it will go to 20 theaters and do terrible and nobody will ever hear of it.  There was another movie called Assaulted that was about Second Amendment but it never showed around here, I seen it on DVD.  I wonder if its the same people making it.
He ain't heavy...

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:46:13 PM »
Reviving an older thread here, but this movie, Targeted, is on NetFlix now. I finally got the chance to see it.

It was an interesting documentary in that it was done by a younger guy. Kinda refreshing to see a pro gun activist that is a younger person.  I didn't really learn anything new but more just confirmed what I already knew and thought I knew.  I liked that he had specific facts and numbers and that he did a little on the history of the Constitutiton and where our Founding Fathers came up with the idea that we have inalienable rights that are granted to us by God.   It probably won't change the minds of any die-hard-guns-kill-babies-if-it-saves-just-one-life-liberals, but it will be good for the younger generations who are just starting to understand what our Constitution actually is and those who are on the fence.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
I watched Targeted on Netflix too.  It was pretty good. 

For people that follow this type of thing, it might not provide much new information, but I think that having something like this from that point of view on something as mainstream as Netflix is HUGE. 

You're right that a lot of hardcore anti-2A zealots probably won't change their mind but I think that the real solid pro- or anti- people are at the far ends of the spectrum and most people are middle of the road and mostly ambivalent or at least don't have strong enough opinions that aren't open to new information/facts/opinions. 

It wasn't just good because Jesse Winton (director/narrator) is a "millennial" and it's good to have a new generation without their heads up their asses, it's also good because the general audience that might watch it just because it is on Netflix might give it more of a shot if it isn't just another old white guy talking about "they're gonna take mah guns!"

I also liked that he got opinions from outside the US too instead of just an echo chamber of the American concept of our unique Second Amendment.

Offline heavy

• marketplace
  • Leon Heavy
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:15:13 PM »
it will go to 20 theaters and do terrible and nobody will ever hear of it.

I never saw it in any theaters but I'll admit that I was wrong about nobody ever hearing of it.  Hopefully many people on netflix watch it.  I don't have netflix but it's only $4 to rent on YouTube and $5 to rent and $10 to buy on Amazon streaming.
He ain't heavy...