!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: KelTec Trigger Shoe  (Read 2402 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
KelTec Trigger Shoe
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »
Let's face it, the KelTec P11 stock trigger isn't great.  One of the ways to improve it is the OEM trigger shoe add-on.

The trigger shoe slips onto the stock trigger and is held in place with two set screws.  The installation is quick and easy, probably taking less than a minute, and just about triples the width of the trigger.  With this added surface area, our female shooter - who had trouble with the heavy stock DAO trigger pull - was able to pull the trigger more easily than she was with the stock trigger, but still struggled somewhat.

I thought that the big trigger shoe would be comfortable and improve the trigger pull for my big hands.  Not so.  To begin with, the bottom edge of the trigger shoe is somewhat sharp and dug into the bottom of of my trigger finger even more than the stock trigger did.  It also didn't make the reset any more pleasant when my finger found its way between the trigger and the guard.  Some sanding would probably ease this condition, but the root issue would still be there.

The more uncomfortable part of using the P-11 with the trigger shoe installed was the pinching issues.  The stock trigger, in addition to being long and heavy, consistently pinched and rubbed the bottom of my trigger finger, causing a blister and then a raw spot.  The addition of the trigger shoe made this problem worse.  Additionally, although I didn't have this issue with the stock trigger despite many have reported experiencing this, the trigger shoe introduced a pinch point at the top of my trigger finger between the shoe and the grip frame.

The addition of the trigger shoe no doubt made the trigger easier to pull by providing more surface area on which to effect the force of your trigger pull.  However, the uncomfortable pinching introduced or exacerbated by the shoe was a deal breaker for me with my relatively large fingers.  For someone with smaller hands, the KelTec trigger shoe might be a good choice to help with the trigger, but for our project gun we abandoned the trigger shoe in favor of a different trigger improvement.

GunLink Discussion Forums

KelTec Trigger Shoe
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »