!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: 11 Shot, 3 Dead in Dallas  (Read 2810 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
11 Shot, 3 Dead in Dallas
« on: July 08, 2016, 12:25:43 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/07/07/thousands-protest-shootings-across-usa/86830014/

If you're still awake, you may have seen the news this evening. At least 2 shooters, from an elevated position, started to shoot at police officers during a protest police brutality. According to all witnesses, the protest itself was peaceful was about to end when the first shots were heard.

At the end of the night, 11 officers have been shot - 3 are dead and at least 2 are in surgery. On top of that, four members of DART (the public transit system in Dallas) have been shot - 1 dead.

About 11:45 PM EDT, I was watching Fox News' live coverage and saw that police have one man in custody who fit the description of one of the shooters and police report that they have a second suspect cornered.

GunLink Discussion Forums

11 Shot, 3 Dead in Dallas
« on: July 08, 2016, 12:25:43 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: 11 Shot, 3 Dead in Dallas
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »
Numbers need updated: 

11 police officers shot, 5 officers dead

FNC just said that they have three more suspects in custody and that another one is dead.  They talked to the dead one during the standoff last night and he said that he was angry over #blacklivesmatter and that he wanted to kill white people and that he especially wanted to kill white police officers

Even while dead police are laying in the streets and they are searching for more IEDs from the protesters, people who were there were calling it a "peaceful protest."

I've been saying since the Ferguson "protests" and even earlier...  I'm positive that there are some well intentioned people who are genuinely upset over social issues, but I don't think they realize what kind of crowd they are mixing themselves in with. 
When they ship in bus loads of agent provacateurs from all over the country to stir things up, that should be a clue. 
When "peaceful protests" turn into throwing rocks, bottles, and firebombs at police, that should be a clue.
When the "peaceful protests" involve burning down buildings and cars, that should be a clue.
When the "peaceful protests" involve chants about killing police, that should be a clue.
When the "activists" claim that the lives of one race are more important than any other lives, that should be a clue.
When a huge number of social media posts with your cause's hashtag also contain hateful, violent rhetoric, that should be a clue.
When your cause's hashtags are used to celebrate the murder of police officers, that should be a clue. 

If well intentioned people can't see those clues and still get involved with that type of movement, then they are blind and I feel a little sorry that they get swept up in it.  I think it's hard to believe that anyone can miss those clues though, and that makes it pretty hard to trust or have sympathy for those involved in that "movement."

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »
Turns out the guy I saw taken into custody on TV, was just a guy who showed up the march wearing a gas mask and body armor. He was just standing in a small crowd watching the events when police saw what he was wearing. The man complied with all officer orders.  One of the people interviewed was standing next to the guy....she said he was just standing there and not doing anything. They had no reason to take him into custody.

Ok...seriously? Wouldn't you be suspicious during an active shooter of a man wearing body armor?

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
Ok...seriously? Wouldn't you be suspicious during an active shooter of a man wearing body armor?

I don't know that we want to start playing the games of arresting people over something like that.  It isn't illegal to own or wear armor (yet) ... if that's what he was even wearing. 

He wasn't at a tea party, he was at a "protest" by an organization whose past protests have frequently turned violent.  They burn down buildings, they throw rocks and molotov cocktails at cops, they shoot their guns in the air (or at people), etc.  You wouldn't likely find me anywhere near such a "protest" voluntarily but, if I was, I'd hope that I had some armor to wear.  It seems foolish not to.  Even some of the media at these things wear armor, as do firefighters, cops, etc.  They put plates in kids' backpacks and briefcases now. 

I can see both sides of the coin, but under normal circumstances wearing a vest is pretty flimsy PC for a stop (but this wasn't normal circumstances).  In any case, the shocking thing is that they stopped him, asked him some questions, he didn't fight them or pull a gun on them and they still didn't even kill him.  It's funny how that works.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 11:29:27 PM »
Now we have another shooting where LEOs were targeted in Baton Rogue.   Apparently, there is evidence that shows that the Baton Rogue shooter was in Dallas during the Dallas shooting, both shooters were ex-military, served overseas, and likely had PTSD and both shooters made nearly identical statements about affiliations with certain groups. Investigators are searching for a connection and the possibility of more people being involved.

I heard this on my local news radio, but cannot find an article anywhere confirming it.   Has anyone else heard this?