!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: 'Shooter' remake as tv show on USA  (Read 3074 times)

Offline heavy

• marketplace
  • Leon Heavy
'Shooter' remake as tv show on USA
« on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
The movie was good I wonder how the TV show will be. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ryan-phillippe-to-star-in-usa-network-drama-pilot-%E2%80%98shooter%E2%80%99/ar-BBlsuCE

Fresh off his starring role in the ABC limited series “Secrets and Lies,” Ryan Phillippe has been tapped to star in the USA Network drama pilot “Shooter,” based on the 2007 Mark Wahlberg pic.

With Phillippe signing on, USA has given a formal pilot order to the project from Paramount TV and Universal Cable Prods. “Shooter,” inspired by the Stephen Hunter novel “Point of Impact,” revolves around an ex-Marine sniper, Bob Lee Swagger, who is recruited to thwart a presidential assassination but winds up framed for the crime.
He ain't heavy...

GunLink Discussion Forums

'Shooter' remake as tv show on USA
« on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: 'Shooter' remake as tv show on USA
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »
I don't know how I feel about Phillippe as Swagger. I'll need to see the trailer. He'll always be the jock in I Know What You Did Last Summer to me

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:12:47 PM »
I really liked the movie. The book was pretty good, but I like some of Hunter's other stuff (spy type books) better.

In general I don't really like anything on TV so I'd be really surprised if it doesn't suck.

Also, Kate Mara  :-* ;D

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:21:42 AM »
USA in the past has done fairly well with their TV shows. Just many of them havent ever appealed to me and the few that have, aired in the late PM since they are meant for adults.

I think USAs tagline is something like We have characters. So hopefully they dont mess with the character too much.

If you liked the book i may try it. Though im discovering that some of these movies and tv shows based on books are "man" books. I tried reading Longmire and i couldnt. The show is awesome and the book bored me half to death