!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Glock 19 Cool Fire Trainer. Is it worth it?  (Read 2650 times)

Offline WolfgangKrause

• GunLink Member
Glock 19 Cool Fire Trainer. Is it worth it?
« on: December 11, 2020, 05:17:17 PM »
Hello all. I've been looking for a good training aid to practice in my garage and so far what i can see is that the CoolFire Trainer is the way to go but the price point not so much. Has anybody used this system what is your input on it?

When is was at Shot Show 2020 I had the chance to stop by the booth but sadly they ran out of air on the last day so i didn't have the opportunity to test it.

https://coolfiretrainer.com/AWSCategories/p/9/BUILD-A-SYSTEM

GunLink Discussion Forums

Glock 19 Cool Fire Trainer. Is it worth it?
« on: December 11, 2020, 05:17:17 PM »

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Re: Glock 19 Cool Fire Trainer. Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
I don't own one but I have shot them a few times. It's pretty neat and realistic. It's probably about as close as you could get to live fire without live rounds or simunition and you're using your actual firearm.

Like you said the cost really stings. I just put together a kit and it's $510+ in the cart. Maybe not so much right now, but 8 months ago that would buy a TON of live ammo. Hell, it would buy a second Glock. If you use the laser you wouldn't be able to practice drawing from most holsters. Depending on pressure and temp, expanding CO2 can freeze up at -100f. When I played paintball that was an issue with rapid fire unless you had an expansion chamber. At their pressures/volume/temp I don't know if there's enough for that or how it would do with lube, springs, frames, etc.

It's a cool idea but I'd rather spend the training bucks elsewhere like a .22lr clone or a .22lr conversion kit plus ammo, a green-gas airsoft clone, or even a "reset trigger". I'd even rather put the money to a taurus G2/G3 and a mantis/lasermax and do all the dry fire practice I wanted and probably have money left over for some real ammo. You get trigger manipulation practice even if it's not with your ccw, plus you get another pistol, plus training aids you could use with your ccw.

Offline wrenhodapp74

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 01:19:45 AM »
Lol dudes, I have no idea what kind of simulators you're talking about... is it something like a simulation of shooting in a special room, like in police stations or what are you talking about? The fact is that my father taught me to shoot from childhood. And we trained not in a simulation, but behind the house, shooting at cans and beer bottles. I thought that everyone was learning the same way, and only then they go to hone their skills at the shooting range. When I ordered here imagine my first Glock 21, then I went to test it right away and as it turned out, I shoot better than dudes who have been shooting for a very long time. Therefore, I believe that such simulators are only for improving skills, but not for training in any way.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 02:11:23 AM by GunLink »

Offline JamesCollins

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 12:15:46 PM »
It’s like putting on a VR headset and riding a roller coaster is NOT the same as actually the feeling of said ride- get outside and practice