!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Do You "Advertise" Your Support?  (Read 6344 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

Do You "Advertise" Your Support?
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
Just curious to see how many folks actually affix the NRA Sticker, or any other stickers to their vehicles, front doors, or other places where it can be seen publicly.

I have heard two sides of this:

PRO:  I affix the stickers where they can be seen, because I want people to know I am a member of the (XYZ) and I support the Second Amendment.

CON:  I do not put the stickers where they can be seen.  I feel they make me a target for thieves and/or over zealous police.

So what say you?  Do you post them in public or not?

GunLink Discussion Forums

Do You "Advertise" Your Support?
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Do You "Advertise" Your Support?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
Nope, I don't advertise.  I've heard too many tales of people's cars getting broken in to for thieves to rummage through looking for guns, gear or what have you.  I also don't advertise on our house for the same reason that I spend a minute or so peeking out the windows before hauling guns to the car for a range trip.  No need for neighbors, traffic, etc. to have any idea of what I do or do not have.  Aside from the possible MWAG call, I don't want the unscrupulous sort to start casing our place waiting for an opportunity to steal possibly expensive goodies.

The closest I've got was a "God Bless Our Troops, Especially The Snipers" sticking on a vehicle.

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
LoL, I never answered the question myself.

I do not advertise, but that is just because I do not like the stickers on my door or car.  I pass the stickers on to others who enjoy them.

In my neighborhood (Out in the boondocks) I do not worry about my neighbors.  They all have guns and a few of them have been to my place to shoot.

(One of my neighbors is almost 80 years old and she showed up, wanting to shoot, with a COLT PYTHON!  Said she had it for years and never shot it much since her dad passed away.  I pity the damn fool that ever runs in to her while she is armed. She out shot two of us.)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
I don't.  I see a lot of trucks around with a Browning Buckmark on them that I think looks pretty cool.  I would probably consider getting one of those.  It's bittersweet not wanting to stick on my NRA stickers and the like, but I just don't want to risk some junkie breaking in trying to find guns or other stuff that junkies think gun owners keep in their vehicles.

ETA:  I also added a poll  ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:53:26 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:06:38 AM »
By the way, does this have anything to do with this morning's free NAGR sticker thread?   ;D

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »
Thanks for the poll, I never thought about doing that.

No, I got a renewel notice from the NRA and of course it had the stickers in it and also a phone call from my brother asking me if I wanted a gun company logo to put on my car.

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
i have one of those buckmark stickers on my truck!  also have a stag arms sticker.  used to have the nra decal on the side window but took it off because it was getting kinda crusty

Not too worried about anyone breaking in just because of a sticker

Offline masfonos

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
Talk about timing!  Look what my gf and I both received in the mail today  :D

It didn't scan very well, but it's a nice foil sticker with shiny silver letting that will, in all likelihood, never see the light of day on our vehicles.  I may put it on a motorcycle, but it'll probably be relegated to safe duty.

Offline small

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »
I don't have stickers on my car but I have a Jeep Cherokee now as a second ride and I plan to add some to it.
I got permission a while back to use the JPFO logo for my avatar on a different gun forum. So I do, do some advertising that way.

If there was a 4x4 JPFO window sticker I'd add that to the jeep too. I'd have the Hitler salute/slogan but figured that could be taken the wrong way too quickly. Hard to make a second first impression.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
lol, with only a couple stickers you could alienate almost everyone in one fell swoop.   ;D

People that jump to conclusions based on a car sticker that they fail to comprehend aren't necessarily the type of people I care about making a good impression on.  Of course, that doesn't go very far on fixing your vehicle when it gets keyed by some mouthbreather with poor comprehension.

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
  I appreciate the replies.  It is interesting to get different opinions on different subjects.

I remember someone (my brother or cousin I think) put a bumper sticker on my grandmothers car.  She never noticed it until the police chief was over and asked her why she had a pot bumper sticker on her car?  She was not amused!

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »
I feel we should, as much as you are comfortable with. Only thing I put on car is for special things, like the ISRA (Illinois State Rife Assoc) "ITS TIME FOR CONCEALED CARRY" sticker. Musta worked! Pretty much all around inside the home & a few discrete ones outside.
Makes a difference where you live and usually drive/park too.

Do what you can.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 11:20:32 AM »
"Which sticker on your car says the most about you?"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrPQ9cK--74[/youtube]

Offline 45shooter

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
I don't know about that but I'll tell you that seeing a Obummer sticker tells me all I need to know about driver