!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: IntraTec Tec-22 Scorpion Review  (Read 9547 times)

Offline masfonos

IntraTec Tec-22 Scorpion Review
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »
Intratec Tec 22 Scorpion.
What a turd!

I don't have any pictures of a Tec-22 of my own because I sold the one that I used to have.  There's one below that I found online.

I thought these were pretty neat looking pistols and they shoot .22LR so they're cheap to feed.  I picked one a long time ago on a whim because it looked like it would be fun.  It was not.

Maybe it was just the one I had, but it jammed like crazy.  Stove-pipes.  Failures to eject.  Failures to feed.  Light primer strikes.  The list goes on.  I polished the bolt, used good ammunition and magazines and all the other tricks that one might use on a 10/22 (the action is somewhat similar and they use the same magazines) but performance was still dismal.  CCI Mini-Mags seemed to work somewhat reliably in it but it still was far from running like a top.  Even so, who wants to pay CCI Mini-Mag prices to feed a fun-gun like this?  It's got a fairly loose chamber and a minuscule barrel.  You'd think it would be a match made in heaven for bulk Golden Bullet ammo but (as one might expect) that ammo probably performed the worst out of it.

Despite it's great potential for fun, it's shortcomings were too much and I've since sold mine.  If you're looking for a fun, cheap to shoot .22 pistol, you're better off opting for a Walther P22!

GunLink Discussion Forums

IntraTec Tec-22 Scorpion Review
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »